- Saying “NO!”
- Top Ten Reasons to Cruise in the Caribbean
- Cruising Inexpensively, Cheaply, and Safely
- Cruising — Living in Touch with Nature and Marine Life
- The BEST Painkiller Recipe – Real vs. Fake
- Five Wretched Things I Hate About Circumnavigating
Finances / Setting a Budget for Cruising:
- How Much Does it Cost to Cruise in the Caribbean
- True Costs of Owning a Catamaran
- Earning to Sail, Sailing to Earn
- Earning to Sail, Sailing to Earn: Part II
- Anchoring for Dummies
- Do you Know the Difference Between Anchor Designs?
- How to Safely Anchor a Boat: The Ultimate Guide
- Zen and the Art of Anchoring… Or Tip #1 in Surviving a Sailing Relationship.
- What Anchoring Equipment Do we Use? – Material & Basic Maneuvers
- Anchoring Equipment – How Do I Know What to Buy?
- Anchoring in the Caribbean – How Do I Know Where to Anchor?
- Anchoring in the Caribbean – How to set the Anchor
- Anchoring Tactics for Tricky Locations
- Advanced Anchoring Techniques – Special Case Scenarios
- Bored of the Same Techniques? Try a Bahamian or a Forked Moor!
- Best Anchor for Mud of the Chesapeake Bay?
- Mooring a Boat – Check your Can
- Tips on How to Med Moor Dock your Boat
- Tips on Using Mooring Buoys
- Top Ten Anchorages in the Caribbean
- Communication Options at Sea? SSB, Winlink, Sailmail, Saildocs
- Know Your VHF Radio Etiquette
- How to Do The VHF Radio Distress Call
- The A Thru Z of AIS
- How to Text when you are out of Cellular Range – Satellite Communication
- The VHF Radio Distress Call: Digital Selective Calling (DSC)
DIY Ongoing Maintenance Skills:
- Anti-Roll Tanks – A Simple Way to Stabilize Your Boat
- Whipping a Rope with Palm and Needle
- Troubleshooting 12 Volt Electric, Fatty-Style!
- Boat Electrical System Diagram
- Making DIY Canvas Seam Sew Easy
- DIY Waterproofing Your Dodger / Bimini
- How to Remove Mildew from Sails
- Mildew on Sails and the Down Season – Part II
- Spring Maintenance: Thru-Hull and Seacock Inspections
- Keep On Rolling: Extend the Life of Your Furling Gear
- How to Repair a Drowned Outboard
- Troubleshooting Outboard Motors
- Basic New Outboard Motor Maintenance Tips ****
- Simple Maintenance Tips For Your New Outboard Motor *****
- How to Keep your Brand New Outboard Engine SAFE
- Boat Tool Kit Checklist – Tools AND Spare Parts – Don’t get Stranded
- How to Install a New Trampoline on Your Multihull – Fix the Bad Installs!
- Wind vs Solar – An Easy Choice: What does our Experience Show
- Exploring the Benefits of Solar Panels
- Wind Generators vs. Solar Panels Part II: Wind Generators
DIY Diesel Maintenance
- How to Clean Your Diesel and Keep it Running Clean
- Fat Facts on Diesels
- Zen & the Art of Marine Diesel Maintenance
- Dealing With Dirty Fuel
- Diesel Maintenance Tips – TLC for a Faithful Friend
Top Coat and Bottom Paint and Varnishes:
- Yacht Safety: Oxygen Deprivation Corrosion
- What is the Difference Between Topcoat and Gelcoat
- What to Do About Boat Blisters… Welcome to Boat Pox 101
- Fixing Small Blisters at the Waterline
- Bottom Painting
- Bottom Paint Guide: Caring for the Bottom of your Boat
- Bottom Paint Guide: Removing Boat Bottom Paint
- Does the type of boating you do affect your bottom paint decision
- Bottom Paint Guide: How to Choose Antifouling Paint
- Repainting Your Topsides ****
- Topside Painting ****
- Applying and Using the New Varnishes
- The ABCs of Good Varnish
Heavy Weather Sailing Tips:
- Basic Storms Tactics for Cruising Sailboats
- Brain Storming on Heavy Weather
- How to Sail in Heavy Weather – Tips on Reefing and Heaving To
- Slowing Devices: Cheapo Drogues for Cheapo Sailors
- How To Conquer Short Term Weather Forecasting
- Weather Forecasting With a Barometer
- High Praise for the Lowly Barometer – Must have on Board
- Water Spouts: Are they Dangerous?
- Tsunamis in the Caribbean
- Potential Problems that could Arise While at Sea
- Boat Engine Failure While At Sea – How to Troubleshoot ***
- What Would You Do if Your Engine Failed? ***
- Tips for Bareboaters, Snowbirds & Casual Cruisers Part 2: Engine Troubleshooting ****
- How to Unwrap a Wrapped Prop
- Yacht Rigging Part 3 – Jury-Rigging at Sea
- The Traditional Nautical Niceties of Social Sinkings
- Selecting the Right Life Raft
- When and How to Abandon Ship – Save a Life! Maybe your own…
- Packing a Ditch Bag 101 – What to Carry at All Times ****
- What’s in Your Grab Bag? ****
- Tips on Safety Flare Types and Requirements. PS – Keep Your Old Ones
- Emergency Beacon Basics – EPIRB / AIS / PLB / PAB? What’s the Difference?
- What to Know: Search and Rescue Transponders (AIS, RACON, SART)
- What is the GMDSS?
- Hurricane Safety Tips for Boaters
- Donald M. Street Jr’s Tips on Surviving Hurricane Season in the Caribbean
- Hurricane Season Frequency on the Rise?
- 7 Historic Caribbean Hurricane Holes
- St. John’s Hurricane Hole
- Sound Signals and Restricted Visibility
- Deciphering Sound Signals at Sea for Maneuvering & Warning
- Why do Yachts and Ships have Whistles, Bells and Gongs
- Mnemonic for The order of the Priority of Vessels that must Give Way
- Avoiding Collisions with Colregs
- Safe Speed Rule
- How to Drive and Dock a Boat in Current
- History and Background of Maritime Distress Signals
- Lateral Marks For Pilotage
- Buoys Part II: The Cardinal Rule
- Compass Bearing Tricks to Get you Home Safe
- The History of the Rule of the Road – Sailing Vessel History
- Planning for Tides & the Rule of Twelfths
- Top Tips to Cross the Gulf Stream to the Bahamas
- Reef Navigation Using Satellite Images
- The Importance of Celestial Navigation
- Celestial Part I Championing a Dying Art
- Celestial Navigation Part II – Predicting the Suns Geographic Position
- Celestial Navigation Part III – Tips and Tricks on Sight Reduction
- Celestial Navigation Part IV – Publication 249 and The Universal Plotting Sheet
- How to Plant and Maintain a Garden on a Cruising Boat – Fresh salad?
- Tips & Tricks for Food Provisioning in the Caribbean
- Top Ten Caribbean Roots and Vegetables you can find in the Islands
- Supply and Demand: The Caribbean Art of Shopping Local
- Provisioning and Where to Shop for Food While Cruising the Caribbean
What to do with your Garbage and Waste
- What to do with Garbage and Trash While Cruising?
- How can YOU Solve the PLASTIC Waste Problem
- How to Handle your Garbage while Boating?
Water Making and Collection:
Marinas and Boatyards:
- Hurricane Season Yacht Storage in the Caribbean
- Summer Storage Tips for Your Yacht in the Tropics
- Should You Buy or Lease a Slip in the Caribbean?
- What to Know about Transient Slip Space in the Caribbean
- Multihulls – Do Your Homework Before Hauling
- Top Tips for Selecting a Boatyard
- Why does Boat Insurance Cost So Much?
- Marine Insurance, What’s Covered and What’s Not?
- Top Five Buying Tips for Boat Insurance
- What You Need to Know About Yacht Insurance
- Tips on What to Consider When Buying Boat Insurance
- To Rally or Not? The Advantages & Disadvantages
- Night Watches
- Be Vigilant for Unidentified Floating Objects at Sea
- Sailing at Night Part 1: Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark
Customs and Clearance
- Martinique is Making Customs and Immigration Easier
- Customs and Border Protection Offers Local Boater Option
- How NOT to Clear Customs and Immigration
- Customs and Immigration Made Easy with eSeaClear
- Squeezing the Last Few Inches Out of Your White Floppy Things
- How to Sail: What are the Different Points Of Sail
- Guide to Sail Control Part II: Mainsail Trim
- Cool for Cats – Sail Trim Tips for Cruising Catamarans
- Guide to Sail Control: Headsail Trimming
- Furling Headsail Sizes: Making the Right Choice
- How to Stay in Shape On a Boat while Cruising
- Noodling at Sea – Get Moving
- Can your Relationship SURVIVE Living Aboard Together?
- Save the Coral Reef AND Protect Yourself from Skin Cancer
- What is Ciguatera Poisoning and the Symptoms?
- Jellyfish Identification, Stings and Treatment
- Jellyfish Sting? BEST Treatment Tips! How to get rid of the Sting!