Catamaran Training Offered At Two Locations in Florida as well as in the British Virgin Islands
Those who want to get in on the catamaran trend are now in luck. Offshore Sailing and Power Cruising School, based in Fort Myers, Florida, has added a beautiful 3-cabin/2-head Fountaine Pajot Power Catamaran MY 37 to its fleet at two of its locations: The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village and Tarpon Point Marina in Cape Coral.
“Demand has increased for both sailing and power catamaran training,” says founder and chairman, Steve Colgate. “Many sailors enjoy the spacious salons aboard multihull boats to accommodate more family and friends. Until now, our only option was to teach how to skipper and crew aboard power catamarans in the British Virgin Islands, so we’re pleased to offer an option now on Florida’s Gulf Coast.”
What is included with the Catamaran Training Course?
The package for the Fast Track to Power Cruising course taught on the Fountaine Pajot catamaran includes:
- textbooks sent in advance
- one night resort accommodations with tax and amenity fee
- US Powerboating instruction
- all provisions aboard for the week except two dinners ashore
- three US Powerboating certifications (Basic Powerboat Cruising, InShore Powerboat Cruising, and Colgate Offshore Powerboat Cruising)
- lifetime Offshore Sailing and Powerboat School graduate benefits
- including up to 15% off their first charter with Offshore Sailing partner, The Moorings
Course package prices vary by season due to the resort accommodation rates, but generally the course in Cape Coral starts at $3,940 per person, double occupancy. www.offshoresailing.com