The conference room at the Flamboyant hotel was the venue utilized by the Grenada Board of Tourism on Tuesday April 20, 2010 for the official launch of its new dynamic interactive website at www.grenadagrenadines.com
This multi-lingual website (available in English, French, German, Spanish and Chinese) is the culmination of a year’s work and emphasizes Grenada’s vibrant culture and its alluring mix of attributes and attractions. The site has a number of new functions including a fully featured trip planner, tour operator locator, interactive map and blog, to name a few. Each aspect is designed to help create an enhanced experience for all those who visit this brand new Grenada’s website.
“We are excited to launch our new website www.grenadagrenadines.com,” said Mr. William Joseph, the Director of Tourism for the Grenada Board of Tourism. “The site highlights Grenada’s famous hospitality and captures the true spirit of the country. This is just a taste of what you’ll get when you eventually come and visit Grenada!”
- Trip planner/Events: This function allows visitors to plan a trip specifically tailored to their travel needs. Through an Expedia link on the site, visitors can book any hotel or resort. Visitors to the website can also create an online profile and save trip plans each step of the way. An interactive events calendar listing all events happening in Grenada (365 days per year!) helps to refine trips.
- Tour Operator Locator: This unique function allows visitors to locate affiliated tour operators anywhere in the world, providing both location and contact information.
- Interactive Map: The interactive maps provide views of dive sites, marinas, historical sites, hotels and resorts.
- Media and Travel Professionals: This section contains news releases and features. Travel professionals can now register and create an account; so that they can easily help their clients plan trips to Grenada.
- Island Blog: Stay up-to-date on what’s going on in Grenada by reading the island blog.
- Visitor Experiences: A visit to www.grenadagrenadines.com is an interactive experience where visitors share beautiful island images with other visitors by submitting photos online, or visit the multimedia gallery to watch videos of Grenada.Â