The Caribbean is ideal for charter during the summer months associated with the low season. In particular, St.Lucia’s unique geographical position in the Caribbean chain allows quick access to popular vacation destinations both north and south of the island. Coupled with convenient direct airlift from the US and the UK, facilities for private jet landing and excellent provisioning make the island and The Marina at Marigot Bay in particular, the perfect charter pick-up point.
Enjoy the calm, clear blue waters of the Caribbean as you go snorkelling, diving and sport fishing. A number of charter options, heading both north and south, offer a variety of experiences in some of the most pristine Caribbean waters.
Check out our suggested Itinieraries from Marigot Bay:
South Bound from Marigot Bay, St. Lucia:
- Head south and spend the day scuba diving, snorkelling and/ or enjoying the St.Lucian rainforest in the shadow of the islands’ twin peaks, the Pitons.
- Spend a night on mooring in Soufriere Bay or Anse des Pitons
- Take a morning cruise to Bequia passing close to the lush rainforest and mountain scenery of St.Vincent. Stop for lunch in Williabou, the film set for Pirates of the Caribbean.
- An afternoon visit to Brother Hegg’s turtle sanctuary on the Altantic Coast of Bequia and overnight in Admiralty Bay will complete your day.
- Start an early morning cruise to Mustique and overnight in Britannia Bay. Enjoy a drink at Basil’s bar or dinner at the Cotton House.
- The Tobago Cays & Canounan are a must see: swim and snorkel around the beautiful cays before cruising to Canouan for an afternoon or early morning round of golf. Overnight in Canouan.
- Finish your cruise at Port Louis, Grenada.
North Bound from Marigot Bay, St. Lucia:
- Spend a day scuba diving, snorkelling and/or experience rainforest hikes/tours and moor for an evening beneath the twin peaks in Soufriere Bay or Anse des Pitons.
- Take a morning cruise to Anse Mitan, Martinique. Enjoy a night at the casino and nightclubs in this lively part of the island. You can overnight in Anse Mitan, or head to Trois Islets or Le Ponton Marina.
- Cruise to St.Pierre, the town destroyed by the 1901 volcanic eruption. Walk along the Canal de Beauregarde around the base of Mount Pelee. Drop anchor and overnight at St.Pierre.
- A morning cruise to Portsmouth, Dominica and dinghy trip through the forest up the Indian River, will add to your vacation experience. Early evening cruise to the Isles de Saintes. Spend the night at Pain de Sucre, a sheltered and attractive anchorage.
- Enjoy beach and water sports in the Isles des Saintes and a second night in this enchanting anchorage
- Morning cruise to Falmouth Harbour, Antigua, completes your cruise.
For more information on Marigot Bay in St. Lucia visit www.marigotbay.com