The Martinique windsurfing team showed good performance at the World Championship in Westende (Belgium) which took place July 23 to 30 during the 2006 Formula Windsurfing Festival. Great results in spite of unusual conditions (light wind and a lot of current): 3 world titles, two second places and one third place. The coach, Rémi Vila, can be happy!
– Wilson Cadignan: 1st under 17 years old
– Morane Demont: 1st in girls and 1st under 15 years old
– Arnaud Jacques: 2nd under 19 years old
– Clémentine Demont: 2nd in girls
– Sébastien Bourdais: 3rd under 17 years old (excellent result for his first participation, he was named “Rookie of the Year”).
Competition level will be very high for the next season in Martinique.