Clean Marina Award given to THREE IGY Marinas
IGY Marinas announces the granting of the ICOMIA Clean Marina Award (from The International Council of Marine Industry Associations) to its three marinas in the Yacht Haven Grande Collection. Meeting all of the ICOMIA criteria for an environmentally aware facility, Yacht Haven Grande in St. Thomas, Rodney Bay Marina in St. Lucia and The Yacht Club at Isle de Sol in St. Maarten have responsibly fulfilled the initiatives to become “clean”. Some of those efforts include:
- Proper waste and recycling management
- Clean and efficient storage of fuels and oils
- Prohibition of sewage discharge
- Inclusion in local Port Waste Management Plan
- Documented emergency (pollution and fire) plans
- Environmental policy property-wide
- Customer awareness advisement on environmental best practices
- Staff trained in environmental best practice
As part of the Gold Anchor award, each marina is subject to the 3-year compulsory environmental audit by The Yacht Harbour Association on behalf of ICOMIA. The three marinas in the Collection are currently under review in the Gold Anchor program.
ABOUT ICOMIA (The International Council of Marine Industry Association) ICOMIA′s Clean Marinas Program was established in 2008 and is intended to encourage national and regional clean marinas programmes to meet a common set of internationally recognized criteria drawn up by experts from the ICOMIA Environmental Committee and Marinas Group; applications are scrutinized by a dedicated panel. Current ICOMIA’s Clean Marinas Program members include the marina industry associations of Australia and New Zealand, Germany and The Yacht Harbour Association’s (TYHA) Gold Anchor Scheme. www.icomia.org.